Re: changelog in utf-8 conflicts with maintainer in control

#include <hallo.h>
* Celso González [Fri, Aug 01 2003, 01:14:33PM]:

> So when the uploader checks the name of the Maintainer in the control
> file (not utf-8) with the name in the changelog says that are different,
	^^^^^^^^^

Why not? If you are not making a Description translation for DDTP, there
is no reason for forcing some special charset/encoding into control
files. And if you like to add non-ascii chars, use UTF-8 in control and
not your special thing (latin1, I guess).

> ¿Are my steps correct or iŽm wrong?
> ¿Should I open a bug against debian-policy?

Show me where policy tells you not to use UTF-8 in control files but
some other non-ascii charset with some other encoding instead.

MfG,
Eduard.
--
<jjFux> "VIM - verbesserter Vi" - Wer hat an meinem LANG gedreht...
<forcer> jjFux: scheis i18n, das müsste vvi sein, nich vim