Re: building unstable packages with stable

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 05:05:24PM -0500, Drew Scott Daniels wrote:
> I'm using sourceforge's compile farm and I'd like to know how to use it to
> compile packages for unstable. They use woody. I also have an account on
> HP's testdrive systems.

> Is there any reasonably easy way to do this? I know that the buildd's can
> take care of it, but I'd like to be able to do this myself.

No; and, moreover, you should not be relying on machines not under your
(or Debian's) control in order to build binary packages that will be
uploaded to the Debian archive.  Sourceforge has certainly been
compromised in the past, and remains a high profile target; I wouldn't
want to see it used as a conduit for getting compromised software into
Debian.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer