Re: Sponsor vs. Developer Process?

On Mon, 2003-07-28 at 15:20, Adam Kessel wrote:
> I am wondering if it makes sense to try to find a sponsor to upload my
> package now, or wait to go through the entire DD process before trying to
> include salonify in Debian, or if it really matters which way I go?  I
> understand it can take many months to become a DD, but also it appears
> that it might take many months to find a sponsor.

Usually, you post a message to this list (or occassionally debian-devel,
if no one here is interested) with a subject like "RFS: salonify"
('Request for Sponsor'). Sometimes you get a sponsor right away,
sometimes you don't.

As it happens, I'm looking for a good image gallery program. I'll check
out Salonify; if it does what I want, and no one else steps up before
that, I'll sponsor the package.
--
Joe Wreschnig <piman@debian.org>