re: mplayer in debian ( versus new-maintainer )

Hello,
I am supposed to upload mplayer to debian, however there is quite a lagg
 between me and my sponsor (Andrea Mennucc), and some problems with
 transferring larger files to him ( i.e. media packages that will follow
 mplayer package - mplayer-fonts and mplayer-skins, are quite large and
 it sometimes takes some time until we synchronize our versions ).
Until now I've been preparing pure-gpl version of mplayer as advised by
 debian-legal, and that version have been sent to Andrea. Now that divx4
 problem have been resolved, I can drop that tree and send the real thing;)
So I figured that I'd speed up my entrance into Debian, but here comes
 obstacles - i tried locating someone to sign my key most of the last year,
 but unfortunatelly every time I could travel to the cities where debian
 developers live, I couldn't contact them.
Now I'm even more pinned down then last year, so I'm not expecting the
 situation to get better, so I'd like to ask someone to use the other way
 mentioned in new-maintainer, i.e.:
"If you cannot find a Debian maintainer close to you, there's an alternative
way to pass the ID check. You can send in a photo ID signed with your GnuPG
key.".

  Well, that describes my situation. What should I do next?

regards,
 Dariush Pietrzak.