Re: request for package review - serel

Ick, I didn't notice this thread earlier...

On Fri, 02 Aug 2002, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> In article <[🔎] 3D48F029.C7D3A981@moniker.net> Leni Mayo <leni@moniker.net> wrote:
> [...]
> > As this is the first release on debian, I'd be grateful if someone
> > with more packaging experience than myself could take a look at it,
> > especially since the installation process patches /etc/init.d/rc.
> > The .deb is at: http://www.fastboot.org/download/binaries/debian/

Make sure you read
http://people.debian.org/~hmh/debconf2/debconf2-initscripts-bkg.ps.gz

And you should also get the sysvinit and file-rc package sources, and
understand them properly, how they work, how they connect themselves to the
init script subsystem, etc.

This way, you will know how init-script related utilities are implemented
in Debian.  serel must properly integrate itself with the lot of them.

  Henrique Holschuh