Re: Request for Sponsor
"Shiju p. Nair" <email@example.com> writes:
> I have packaged phpbb (a bulletin board program in PHP) and looking
> for a sponsor who can check and upload this package. Since am a newbie
> in debian packaging I expect some help from the mentor(s).
> You can download related files from http://fm.poundlinux.net/debian/
I'm not an official developer yet so I can't upload this package, but
I'm maintaining a similar package so I thought I'd take a look anyway.
Here are some things I noticed:
* The copyright file is incomplete
* You depend on apache | apache-ssl | apache-perl, but phpbb is not
Apache-specific. You should support and depend upon the virtual
* Similarly, the package only recommends mysql-server | postgresql, but
phpbb supports more DBs than that. Also, since a fairly typical setup
would have the database hosted on a remote server, I would only
suggest a database server.
* Despite the above apache dependencies, you only support apache and
apache-ssl in in postinst and postrm. If you want to support
apache-perl too, you should change the debconf template type to
multiselect, and then modify your scripts to handle the list that the
multiselect would return.
* Your use of wwwcommon-config in postrm is hard-coded to use both the
apache and apache-ssl servers. This will probably fail if a user only
has one of those servers installed. You should use debconf to query
which servers the user selected in postinst.
* Probable lintian warnings. I didn't run lintian on your package, but
it should complain about the lack of #DEBHELPER# tokens.
That should keep you busy for a little while. If you want to use my
package (scoop) for reference, it should be uploaded to Debian soon. In
the meantime, you can find it here:
People said I was dumb, but I proved them!