Re: NMU with new upstream
On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 11:53:34PM +0200, Oliver Kurth wrote:
> Sorry, the question is:
> Is it okay to do an NMU with a new upstream version?
> Depending on the answer to that question, two more arise:
> - did I wait long enough for the maintainer to take action himself?
> - and is anyone willing to sponsor that NMU?
Sorry, but a NMU (but for QA uploads) is generally an 'in extremis'
choice to correct bugs, or to be done when the maintainer appears
inactive (or possibly MIA). Changing upstream version is not
a good thing, 'cause it can introduce more errors than corrections.
Leave this at maintainer choices. Eventually open a wishlist bug
or send a backported patch.
Francesco P. Lovergine