Re: Use of the BTS for managing sponsorship

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 03:22:37PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Le Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 12:16:11PM -0300, Leo Costela écrivait:
> > (again, I obviously don't), but you could be more concise and just make
> > up a list of Pro's and Con's for each system, then we could stand on
>
> Duh, the various arguments have been given numerous times already.
> I'll sum up yet another time since you're the second asking me to do it.
>
> BTS sponsorship entry :
> -----------------------
> Pros:
> - gives a list of sponsored packages and possibly the history of what
>   happened during the sponsorship of the package
> - debian-mentors is automatically informed of any new sponsorship
>   request
> - it's on a debian machine (=> more official)
> - you can always add some information to the bug log if the initiale
>   information is outdated (ie url changed, so on)
> - everyone can help to keep the database up to date
> Cons :
> - sponsoree must use the BTS (ie reportbug) to ask for sponsors

Please, move this one to Pros.

IMNSHO the use of a common tool to do something as managing sponsors
should be as an advantage. Common procedures simplify the tasks we do in
Debian:

* i found a bug -> i open a bug report
* the bug is fixed/closed -> i close the bug report in the changelog
  (closes #XX)

* i need a sponsor -> i open a bug report
* i found a sponsor -> changelog (closes #XX)

sound good enough for me...

--
Jesus Climent | Unix System Admin | Helsinki, Finland.
http://www.HispaLinux.es/~data/  |  data.pandacrew.org

Good night and sweet dreams... which we'll analyze in the morning.
		--Dr Alex Brulov (Spellbound)