Re: Use of the BTS for managing sponsorship

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 01:12:46PM +0200, Peter Palfrader wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> > > We have the overhead of the BTS with no gain (imho) at all.
> >
> > Sorry, you're just unconstructive... what overhead
>
> The overhead of managing the bug.

And what about the benefits of controling when the bug is fixed (i.e.,
the sponsor has been accepted by a developer), to have a list of people
requesting an sponsor at a glance, to check the activity of an sponsor,
and probably more benefits i forget?

I requesteed an sponsor using the cgi and eventhough I have found an
sponsor, my entry is still there, and actually no one contacted my by
using the CGI entry.

> >                            But the benefits are real
>
> Proof by assertion?  I currently see no advantage of adding yet another
> pseudo package over simply using the list as is.  Stating that the
> benefits are real and obvious does not really convince me.  OTOH you
> don't need to convince me, I have no special priviliges anyway.

*following an sponsor: possible problems, possible solutions.
*closing an sponsor when has been done.
*asking for an sponsor by using a common tool: reportbug.
*checking if someone else has requested the sponsor by using a common
 tool: reportbug.
*closing an sponsor bug when sponsored using common tools: closes #.

I think there are enough reasons there, but i am sure I can find more.

Jesus Climent | Unix System Admin | Helsinki, Finland.
http://www.HispaLinux.es/~data/  |  data.pandacrew.org
Please, encrypt mail address to me: GnuPG ID: 86946D69
FP: BB64 2339 1CAA 7064 E429  7E18 66FC 1D7F 8694 6D69
Registered Linux user #66350 Debian 3.0 & Linux 2.4.19

Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space / 'Cause there's
bugger all down here on earth!
		--Man (Monty Python's The Meaning of Life)