Re: Use of the BTS for managing sponsorship

On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 04:40:51PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> If you agree with me, please send a mail to the bug log so that
> aj can be convinced (just use reply all to this mail). If you don't
> agree, feel free to voice you opinion and justify your position.

I do agree.

In #151949 Raphaël wrote:

> - the sponsorship request is package-based and not necessarily
>   person-based.

This is very much on the point. I sponsor only a few packages, for a few
people, but I sponsor none of these people with more than one package. Why
should I, if their other packages (if any) don't interest me one bit or if
they are simply out of my ability to check for issues, for example if they
are written in a program language I don't know?

Another advantage of the BTS is that the sponsoree (?) can CC: the BTS every
time he asks his sponsor for a new upload.[1] That way any developer can
check the bug and propose to upload if it takes too long, for one reason or
another. Added side-effect: this gives a small history which can be checked
for by an AM for the T&S check, even if it wouldn't be exhaustive.

Regards,

Filip

[1] And tagging + help to make it easy to scan for such packages.

--
BlueScreen uglifies wizards, so turn it off
	-- read when binary-viewing a raw NT partition