Re: config.* in the diff?

On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 02:03:10PM +0100, Ross Burton wrote:
> I am interested in becoming a Debian Developer, but am having a problem
> with one of my first packages.  The skeleton was generated using
> dh_make, and contains the following lines:

[copying config.sub and config.guess]

> For the moment I commented these the cp lines out, and restored the
> original files from the tarball. However, what is the "proper" solution
> to this?
As people have said, get upstream to have up to date files.

Not doing something like this is likely to get you nailed by the hppa
guys or some other autobuilder.

Of course, you can always delete those lines if you are satisfied that
you can keep the files up to date yourself.

And no, you don't have to build-depends autotools-dev, that's what the
test for existence of file is for.  But it is probably a good idea to
anyway.

  - Craig
--
Craig Small VK2XLZ  GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.eye-net.com.au/        <csmall@eye-net.com.au>