Re: Dependance on an unavailable library

> I'm building a package that depends on gdbm 1.8.0, which is newer than the
> version Debian uses. I notified the gdbm maintainer, but have not received
> a response.

Sorry, I looked quickly and didn't realize just how out of date this
package really was.  Bug #38026 contains the 1.8.0 availability notice
and was filed in May of '99.  I don't think James is likely to get to
this anytime soon...

If this interests you, have you thought about offering to adopt it?

Eric