DH_COMPAT 2 or 3 ?

I've done the ocaml-findlib package with 'export DH_COMPAT=3' in the
debian/rules.
Some user report me the impossibility of build the same package from the
sources on a debian potato.
The compilation fail on dh_clean that right report an error.

If I turn DH_COMPAT to 2 all compile correctly even on a potato.

So, why (and when) I have to use DH_COMPAT=3 ?

Tnx

--
	- Zack -

Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@cs.unibo.it> ICQ# 33538863
Home Page: http://www.students.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro
Undergraduate Student of Computer Science at University of Bologna, Italy
SysAdm of verdicchio.students.cs.unibo.it (130.136.3.134)
	"Information wants to be Open"