Re: Packaging for X/SVGA/Console

On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 01:21:38PM -0500, Joe Drew wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 11:20:11AM -0500, Christopher Allen wrote:
> This means that when a package produces one binary which can optionally
> have X support (like gnuplot), it should have it. In your case (and mine,
> lxdoom), separate binaries are produced with differing support; the svgalib
> binary is useless to an m68k user, for example, so have separate packages,
> and make the svgalib package Architecture: i386 only (since that's the
> same as svgalibg1).
I'm making a package, called prozilla, it may be compiled with and without
Gtk support, (Gtk means X here right?), both compilations produces the
same binary file 'proz', I would like to make 2 packages for it, one
with gtk (prozilla-gtk) and one without it (prozilla), cause I don't think
it is right to have a downloader wich can be runned in console depending
on libgtk1.2 if you don't want to use gtk... what is the right thing?

I think here of a person who doesn't use X, in a 486, for example, but
wants to use prozilla, It is not a good think for he/she to install
libgtk1.2 just for this right?

[]s!

--
Gustavo Noronha Silva - kov