metamail: wishlist bug
I am currently trying to fix the "only open" wishlist bug for
metamail. (I have fixed the rest and tryed to get a sponsor
already and I am in the nm - queue ).
The problem is that metamail makes use of mkstemp and it leaves
tmp files behind, when it is invoked with a multipart mime
message. So you can see them in /tmp named mm.XXXXXX .
My problem now is that it is hardly to track where that tmp-files
are really created and I can hardly jugde how to fix that properly
when I discover where the problem originates from.
So I have two choices:
1) I could add each tmp file to a list and clean it up before the
program leaves. (that would not require to touch even a single
line of code, but I would have to add some lines that do that)
2) I could change the mkstemp code to use tmpfile(), but then I
would have to change much more of the original code and it
would be much more likely to introduce new bugs.
Personally I would like to do 1, but 2 seams to be much *cleaner*.
I dislike kludges, but upstream isn't there anymore (I just tried
to email the upstream maintainer and didn't do any further
research), so I have nobody else than me to ask what the source
really does (and what it is supposed to do).