gpg questions

I have generated my public/private key pair using

  gpg --gen-key

and answered the questions with the defaults and with my name and what
will hopefully be my email at debian.org.  I understand that my initial
message to new-maintainers needs to be signed with my chosen public key
(as well as including it via gpg --armor --export user_id).
Am I correct in thinking that it does not matter that my current email is
not the one from debian.org, or do I need to arrange to add another
user id to my public key?

Britton Kerin
__
GNU GPL: "The Source will be with you... always."