Re: dblibs

On Fri, Jul 02, 1999 at 04:06:50PM -0700, Jim Lynch wrote:
> TO MENTORS: It seems to me that both lib pkgs can coexist on a system. Is that
> true?

Several runtime packages of the same library can coexist easily, given
that all installed packages contain the library with a different soname.
The soname is what the linker uses to find out which library to link to.

It's a little harder to make different versions of the development
environment for the same library to coexist, but it's doable.

 - ajk, catching up with the mail backlog