Re: another: copyright question

Hmmm, a fourth year student at u.waterloo in 1993 is probably somewhere
else long since then.

I'm not an official mentor (not even an official developer, yet), so
these are just my thoughts...

Maybe you can contact someone currently at u waterloo (the main web page
links to a long list of web pages and email addresses of current
students) ... see if you can prevail upon one of them to check an alumni
book, or give you the email address of someone who can; or maybe he's
left some forwarding information somewhere else there.

Only you can decide whether it's worth that effort to be able to package
this.

Taketoshi Sano wrote:

> Hi. Thank you for our mentors :)
>
> I am now thinking about making the package of xacursor,
> but it has no explicitly written license.
>
> In the README file,
>
>  --- (quoted) ---

...(snip)
>     You may use "xmkmf" to generate a "Makefile" to compile the program;
> or use the standard one "Makefile.std".
> ...(snip)
>
>     Thanks also goes to Jason Ting (jting@napier.uwaterloo.ca), he suggested me
> to provide a better README file (here it is); and has also compiled the
> software under HP_UX.
...(snip)
> (e-mail: k2wong@descartes.uwaterloo.ca)
> (WWW:    http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/~k2wong)
...(snip)
> AUTHOR
>        xacursor is written by Kam-Hung WONG (k2wong@noether.math.uwaterloo.ca),
>        4th year Computer Science student at University of Waterloo, Canada.
>
>        Thanks goes to Victor S. H. Wong and Hilda Lee, for their fine
>        efforts of drawing many interesting bitmaps for demonstration
>        purposes.
>
>        This is a small work, but I would like to dedicate it to friends
>        at the Faculty of Mathematics, because of whom these years become
>        so memorable.
>
>        Further improvements to the application will be made, if the author
>        survives the Real-time Programming course. :-)
>
>                           August 1993

... maybe he didn't survive that course.