Re: should I have my pgp key signed by a local maintainer?

On Thu, Jul 29, 1999 at 04:51:53PM +0000, David Coe wrote:
> When I submitted my application I attached a scanned
> license and passport as requested, because I didn't
> know any local debian maintainers (still don't).
>
> I recently read something in -devel that implied this
> could delay processing my application even more than
> usual.
>
> Should I find someone(s) to sign my key?
>
> If so, do we have a geographical list of
> maintainers/developers, or do you know of one in the
> Washington D.C./Baltimore area?

I wouldn't suspect it delaying the application any more than any other way
of verifying who you are.  I'd suspect that you stumbled accross part of
the "sponsorship" talk that has been going on.  Processing of applications
have slowed way down as the same people are concentrating on solving some
of the bugs that will keep the next release from going out.  The only
applications that seem to get processed "faster" are ones that belong to
people who've actually helped along those lines.