should I have my pgp key signed by a local maintainer?

When I submitted my application I attached a scanned
license and passport as requested, because I didn't
know any local debian maintainers (still don't).

I recently read something in -devel that implied this
could delay processing my application even more than
usual.

Should I find someone(s) to sign my key?

If so, do we have a geographical list of
maintainers/developers, or do you know of one in the
Washington D.C./Baltimore area?

Thanks.