Which section? Which directory?

I've packaged a CPAN module, Geo::METAR, for personal use.

I believe libgeo-metar-perl to be consistent with standard naming
practices (and if it's not, please tell me.)  Therefore I've named
it libgeo-metar-perl_1.12-1_i386.deb and only have one problem, which
directory should it go in on my local FTP site to be consistent with
"standard" distributions?

<dpkg> um, dists/potato/main/binary-i386/interpreters/libwww-perl_5.44-2.deb
<dpkg> um, dists/potato/main/binary-i386/web/libcgi-perl_2.76-11.deb

I was thinking all lib* packages were in devel when I created it, and
also wondered if all things using the Internet would be in net, but
thought it might belong in misc, since it's aviation/weather-related,
and the above leads me to wonder if it needs to be in interpreters.
(Of course the www and cgi not both being in web or even in the same
place just adds to the confusion.)  To top things off, I packaged this
primarily to work along with something I placed in contrib/net with a
Suggests line for libgeo-metar-perl.

[I'm not totally sure I understand "contrib" anyway, but since the
upstream author hadn't yet decided on a license for the other package,
I figured it wouldn't go in main, nor would it go in non-free (yet.)
But that's not a concern with this package, since this one is GPL'd.]

Oh, and in case it sheds any light, here's some info on the package:

  $ dpkg --info libgeo-metar-perl_1.12-1_i386.deb
   new debian package, version 2.0.
   size 16102 bytes: control archive= 876 bytes.
       649 bytes,    15 lines      control
       611 bytes,     9 lines      md5sums
   Package: libgeo-metar-perl
   Version: 1.12-1
   Section: unknown
    Geo::METAR is a Perl module for accessing aviation weather information.
    .
    "Aviation weather" refers to things like cloud altitudes, temperature,
    wind, dew point, and so on. METAR reports are available on-line, thanks
    to the National Weather Service. Since reading the METAR format isn't
    easy for non-pilots, these reports are relatively useless to the layman
    who just wants a quick glance at the weather.

As you can see, the Section is currently "unknown" both in the package
and in my mind.  I'm hoping someone can change the latter so I can change
the former. :-)

--
PGP Public Key available on request:
Type Bits/KeyID    Date       User ID