Re: developer-in-waiting using bts?

On Wed, Jul 21, 1999 at 09:55:55AM -0500, John Hasler wrote:
> > I'd say, if you're writing a short message like "Can you still reproduce
> > this?", then don't send it to any BTS-related address but privately.
>
> Discussions sometimes evolve from "Can you reproduce this?" to a patch.
> Better to put the whole thing in the BTS so that no context is lost.  I'd
> rather skip over some trivial messages than try to puzzle out the
> assumptions in the tail end of a discussion.

I'd rather save any bandwidth if it can be saved - it may be easy for you
and me to skip over something, but some people will pay money (big money,
too!) for every byte of irrelevant data.

Especially if it costs us nothing but time to quote and CC: carefully.

--
enJoy -*/\*- spelled 'iosip', or simply 'joseph'