Re: developer-in-waiting using bts?

BTW didn't Steve Lamb <morpheus@rpglink.com> want to take that, too?

> I'm working on some of the open bugs, and would like to
> contact one (or more) of the bug submitters.
>
> Should I write directly to the bug submitters and cc:
> the relevant bug number@bugs.debian.org, or is it better
> to just do it privately (not involve the bts) until I'm
> officially maintaining the package, or should I leave the
> bug submitters alone until I'm official?

BTW You can reach every submitter with <number>-submitter@bugs.debian.org,
and they get logged to the bug log, but not sent to anyone else
(not even the maintainer).

I'd say, if you're writing a short message like "Can you still reproduce
this?", then don't send it to any BTS-related address but privately.
If you find some interesting information in your conversation with
the submitter, then feel free to CC: or send it separately to
<number>@bugs.debian.org .

--
enJoy -*/\*- spelled 'iosip', or simply 'joseph'