Re: first install...help on a LAN from floppies

On Thursday 1 July 1999, at 13 h 23, the keyboard of Ted Manka
<tmanka@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'm on a network here at school....it is a tcp/ip network
> What should I put for the domain name?  Does it matter?

debian-mentors is to help Debian DEVELOPERS when they begin, not USERS. Your
question os for debian-users or may be debian-isp. Please no longer Cc:
debian-mentors.

> I have the IP gateway adress
> What do I need to know about setting up the DNS server
> options?

Setting up a network cannot be explained in a few minutes. You should learn.
Reading the "Linux network administrator's guide" or the various HOWTOs to
start.