Re: BLAST+ speed & build issues

Hi,

An update on this:

1) I do have a real user who raised the speed issue doing real analysis
but admitted his script was both unusual and poorly written (aligning
short sequences one at a time).

2) For Bio-Linux users I'm now providing ncbi-blast+-static as an
optional drop-in replacement for ncbi-blast+.  This takes the upstream
pre-compiled binaries as the "source" and just rearranges them into a
very large binary deb (amd64 only).  Of course I have no intention of
taking this monstrosity anywhere near Debian but you can have a peek at
it in Launchpad if you like:

https://edge.launchpad.net/~tbooth/+archive/ppa1/+packages?field.name_filter=blast%2B-static

Cheers,

TIM