Re: Raster3D 3.0-2 packaged for Debian

[I have not noticed the CC you talked about below (neither in my mail
 nor in the mailing list archive - but I think it is OK to CC my
 reply to keep the list informed.  Because you have published the
 license change right on your website I think there is no need for
 further response on the list ... even if it is welcome for sure.]

Hi Ethan,

thanks for your move to a DFSG software license for Raster3D.  This
definitely simplifies the distribution of your fine software inside
Debian.

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 02:30:38PM -0700, Ethan Merritt wrote:
> Andreas:
>
> I have placed a notice on the project web site noting that it is
> distributed under the terms of the Artistic License, Version 2.0.
> I have also updated the on-line documentation to say the same.
> The updated docs and a copy of the license text are in CVS now,
> and will be included in the next incremental release of Raster3D.
> I'm not sure when exactly that will be, but let's say in a few months.

OK, that's fine.  Thanks for the information.  I will release a new
Debian package in the next couple of days with the license change.  You
can always ping our list in case of new releases but we should also get
some notification by the Debian tools which are watching changes on the
upstream homepages automatically.

> I will of course be happy to incorporate any other changes or
> bug fixes that you might find are required for Debian packaging.
> I seem to recall several that came up for a previous release.

You can always find the patches we applied via SVN:

  svn://svn.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk/packages/raster3d/trunk/debian/patches

There are no real changes to the code (if you do not regard the ports
from csh to POSIX sh as code changes) but they might be of interest for
you as well.  Remark: In Debian we try to avoid extra dependencies and
thus it is good style to not depend on csh where it can be avoided.
Feel free to take over these changes or ignore them at your preference.

> As you suggested, I am cc'ing this Email to debian-med@lists.debian.org

So I took this as "permission" to quite you in public.

Kind regards and thanks for the information

      Andreas.