Re: Testing new packages (Re: [med-svn] r5456 - trunk/packages/maqview/trunk/debian)

Hi Charles,

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 06:09:38PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> > Log:
> > Package needs some more manpages, it also needs testers

Just to explain my submit changelog entry: I just wanted to stress, that
it is untested - a better wording would have been clarified this.  There
is at least one tester in my institute.

> perhaps for a more systematic testing of new packages we could implement a
> similar review system as the one I proposed for debian-mentors' sponsoring
> requests ?

This is a good idea anyway.

> Since we already work as a team, we could simplify and just keep the
> usertagging, to get a list of pending stuff to do.
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/PackageReview
>
> On the other hand, we could also (be the first to) use the proposed system as
> it is, as it would be an opportunity to refresh our eyes with a broader variety
> of packages.

I like this suggestion.