Re: BALL - Biochemical Algorithms Library 1.3 in BMC Bioinformatics

Dear Charles,

thank you for your kind email! I am sorry that it took me so long to
answer, I was away from the keyboard for some time.

Charles Plessy wrote:
> Dear Andreas (Hildebrandt),
>
> I just saw your publication for BALL 1.3 in BMC Bioinformatics… Congratulations
> and thanks for mentionning Debian in the abstract !

Thanks! :-) We achieved "highly accessed" status already, which is not
bad for a paper on a library.

We are trying to make a habit of mentioning debian in our publications
when it makes sense - I personally think that the effort that goes into
projects like debian-med should gain the scientific recognition it deserves.
> http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2105/11/531
>
> Have a nice day,
>
> PS: have you seen http://patches.ubuntu.com/b/ball/ball_1.3.2-2ubuntu1.patch ?

Yes, thank you! We are integrating it upstream, but are currently in the
process of pushing out the next major release, so I have not yet updated
the packages.

Thanks again,

Andreas