Re: Seqan copyright concerns?

Le Tue, Jun 02, 2009 at 07:17:06AM +0200, Soeren Sonnenburg a écrit :

> Yes I asked upstream and they promised a new version which clarifies
> things almost about a year(?) ago. And yes the package is ready and I've
> asked them a couple of times but so far no news.

Excellent. If all is required is a clarification, and not a replacement of
files, I think that it is possible to go ahead and upload to NEW with a proper
notie in debian/copyright that it was confirmed to you that there is no
copyright issue.

By the way, I have tried to fix the get-orig-source rule as the name and
location for the upstream tarball was modified. However, I did not notice the
‘orig-tar.sh’ file, which is now a bit redundant (and unfixed).

Actually, thinking twice about the fact that the upstream tarball changed name
and location: the ‘All right reserved’ files I saw had a GPL-v3 header on top
of them… Maybe Upstream updated his tarball without incrementing the version
number? Did they have this header when you prepared the package?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,