Re: libjpeg62-dev, libtiff4-dev, libfreetype6-dev, libxext-dev

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 9:29 PM, Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Nov 2008, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>
>>  I see there are plenty new dependencies in gdcm: libjpeg62-dev,
>> libtiff4-dev, libfreetype6-dev, libxext-dev. I am not sure I actually
>> understand where this is coming from ? I am not using tiff anywhere in
>> GDCM.
>
> The best way to verify build-depends is to remove one and try whether
> the build works fine in a pbuilder chroot.  It might be that one of the
> libs above is an indirect dependency of another build-dependency (just
> a wild guess) and mentioning it explicitely does not harm - but I did
> not checked this theory.

Ok, convinced. For some reason vtk must be pulling that kind of
dependency in gdcm... anyway I reverted my commit.

I have tried once to setup a pbuilder env, but failed to. Is there a
page describing how to setup a pbuilder env for real newbie ?

Thanks & sorry for the noise,

--
Mathieu