OSEHC 2009 Call for Demonstrations and Participation

Dear open source in health care developer/user,

please find below our call for demonstrations of the "Open Source in European Health Care (OSEHC) 2009" workshop. This gives you the opportunity to present your work or your use case to an interested international audience, find new collaborators and potential users of your software. By taking part in the workshop you may also actively influence the framework we are trying to set up to pave the road for Open Source in European Health Care. Although the focus is on Europe, submissions from non-Europeans are very welcome and we are eager to learn from your experience and to find ways for future collaborations. We are also interested in projects that are currently mainly focused on other regions or countries like the USA or Canada to find a common ground where we can share work despite differences
in the health care systems.
You may find more information about the conference under the following link: http://www.biostec.org Information about the OSEHC workshop is available here: http://www.biostec.org/OSEHC.html

Authors of accepted abstracts may profit from the early bird registration fee. If your demo submission is accepted, please contact the HEALTHINF secretariat before registering. Please help us in making the OSEHC workshop a high quality and successful event.
Hope to see you all in Porto in January 209.

Best wishes,
Thomas Karopka
OSEHC workshop chair

= Call for Demonstrations =

The Open Source in European Health Care Workshop (OSEHC) is calling for
submissions of demonstrations and use cases of open source software in health care.

Interested parties should submit a brief description of their proposed
demonstration via email to the workshop chairs until 1st of December 2008. Proposals should be 1 page in length at maximum, include a title, description of system to be demonstrated, main results, novelty and significance of the work, any related publications, estimated space requirements for the demonstration and whether internet access is needed. Please include the name, address, email address, phone and fax numbers for all co-authors on the submmitted work.

Software may be presented live or via a poster explaining the software
and the background. Additionally you may submit a use case where an open source system or algorithm might be useful to resolve an existing problem in health care. The demonstrations will take place in parallel with the poster sessions at the HealthInf 2009 conference.

Important dates:
Deadline for proposals:     1st of December 2008
Notification of authors:    10th of December 2008

Kind regards,
Thomas Karopka
OSEHC workshop chair

--

IT Science Center Rügen gGmbH
Circus 14

Geschäftsführer Gunther Dettmann
Handelsregister Amtsgericht Stralsund HRB 6227
USt-Ident-Nummer: DE 244660253