Imagej group maintenance?

Hi,

for the biological part we reached quite a good state regarding group
maintenance and status of packaging.  I would like to tackle our second
largest area which is imaging to make sure that we reach a good state
for Lenny.  So I wonder whether we could move imagej into group maintenance.

This would include packaging according to our policy using a patch
management system (preferably quilt).  I would volunteer to take over
this job and thus injecting the packaging into SVN, using the list as
maintainer and Paolo and myself as Uploaders.

There is also a new version available (and a watch file is missing in
the packaging).  Moreover I wonder why imagej is in contrib.  I have not
dealt with Java issues but debian/control says:

  Depends: gij | java2-runtime

which seems OK for main, IMHO.

Paolo, what do you think about this?