Re: [med-svn] r1850 - in trunk/packages/insighttoolkit/trunk/debian: . patches

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 04:57:52PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Mon, 12 May 2008, smr@alioth.debian.org wrote:
>
>> Add new package tcl8.4-insighttoolkit3.
>
> Any reason not to use tcl8.5 which is the latest tcl version in Debian.

I have two reasons:

1. tcl8.4 is still the "default" in Debian
2. ITK is frequently used with VTK for visualization, and VTK is using 8.4

> I just updated my WordNet package flawlessly to tcl8.5 and I would
> recommend using this version if possible.

It's definitely possible.  I had imagined that people expect that tcl
bindings work with the default tcl version.  However, I'm really not
sure what the expectations are and the tcl/tk policy doesn't provide
much guidance here.  If you have thoughts on this matter, please
follow up to my debian-devel post on this topic, of yesterday.

Thanks,
-Steve