Re: Update of "DebianMedImaging" by StevenRobbins

On Tue, 1 Jan 2008, Debian Wiki  wrote:

The following page has been changed by StevenRobbins:
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMedImaging

 ||[http://mbi.dkfz-heidelberg.de/mbi/software/ piano] ||Piano is a library containing roughly 75 algorithms and tools for multi-dimensional medical image processing, analysis and visualization. It is used in the field of surgical planning. ||BSD ||

Thanks to Steve for updating the Wiki.  I have a view notes on this:

1. The tasks files should be our primary source for prospective packages

  Since David startet his web effort we are nearly there (once we
  have fixed the bug that causes not all packages are displayed -
  David, could you please tell us which exact file is parsing the
  tasks file - perhaps we could help?) to replace our static pages
  and IMHO also the Wiki which has the same goal but better chances
  for beeing maintained by more people.  IMHO we should just link
  from the Wiki to the dynamic pages once they work reliable.

2. The tasks packages should be editable for more people

  The advantage of the Wiki to be editable for more persons could
  be realised by SVN access for more people to the tasks packages.
  All people who are developer in the CDD group could join this
  effort.  Just tell me if you are interested.

  I just took over the changes of Steve right now but I would
  prefer if others would just go for it.

3. Location of debian-med source package

  The fact that Debian-Med members can upload to the SVN where
  we maintain Debian-Med applications but not to the debian-med
  source package itself makes me wonder whether this makes sense.
  Before we had our packages in a common Debian-Med SVN it
  was logical to me to maintain the debian-med package (which
  builds the meta packages) in the CDD repository.  The rationale
  behind this was that I wanted to attract other CDDs like
  Debian-Jr and Debian Edu to use a common repository.  This
  has not worked until now and chances are not very high that
  this will be done in the near future.  The only other project
  that maintains the meta package source in the CDD repository
  is Debian-Science.

  I'm really undecided what might be the better option:

   A. Keep debian-med package source where it is and give
      more Debian-Med people access.

   B. Move debian-med package source to Debian-Med SVN
      were people have automatically access.

  Both options have pros and cons - what do you think.