Re: Christmas gift

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007, David Paleino wrote:

It was requested by Andreas some time ago :P

:))

If not, I was thinking of redirecting from those pages to Alioth's ones.

I guess this is the most reasonable way for the moment.

Currently the script I made does this: parse the tasks, get official /
unofficial / unavailable packages, put them in tables, and put them in
directory/<taskname> (which are XHTML pages, at the end). We can also change
the naming scheme, because I've noticed that, for instance, "bio" and "bio-dev"
get two different pages.

I admit that there is no 1:1 mapping between current WML pages and task
files.  I'm personally not sure what might be the best solution.  For
the moment I would go for turning each task file into one page - just for
simplicity and because it might be tranparent for the user.  I'm open
to any other suggestion, but it sounds just simple.  I personally have
more trouble with those sections we have no packages at all in Debian.
Since OdontoLinux was droped we have no med-dent package any more and
thus we have no chance to list any prospective or inofficial dent packages
because a task file creates a meta package and I do not feel happy about
meta packages with no valid dependency.  I will make up my mind about
this.  Currently I have two solutions in mind:

   1. Change cdd-dev to create a meta package only in the case if
      at least one Dependency exists inside Debian.  So we could
      create the tasks file for the prospective packages that should
      be listed on the web page, but the meta package space is not
      blured.

   2. Just stick to the idea that non-exoszing packages are turned
      to suggests (and perhaps add some doc to README.Debian about
      the fact that there are no real depends inside Debian.  This
      enables people to install possible inofficial packages from other
      sites and works without changes once we have something to
      include.

We could add a new tag to the task files, such as
"Page:", and use that as output filename. Suggestions / flames are welcome.

This would be a possible solution which sounds reasonable.  But as I said -
I would see no real problem in creating one page per tasks file.  If you
think the "Page:" tag is better - just go for it.  You can even add this
yourself because I just added commit rights to "Custom Debian Distributions"
for hanska-guest.

Merry Christmas