Re: Should seaview recommend muscle ?

Le Fri, Nov 23, 2007 at 10:11:42AM +0100, Steffen Moeller a écrit :
> On Friday 23 November 2007 03:00:12 Charles Plessy wrote:
> > I just realised that biopython recommends wise. With the default
> > behaviour of apt-get and aptitude in Lenny, wise will be installed by
> > default with biopython. I just wanted to make sure that the relationship
> > between the two packages is that strong.
>
> Hi Charles, hi Philip,
>
> thank you for pointing this out. The answer is "no". With the change of apt to
> auto-install recommended packages, wise should not be suggested. The same
> holds for seaview which recommends muscle. Both should be suggests only.

Hi Steffen,

I guess that this private email was not just for me, so I answer in
public.

In the case of seaview, it can use clustalw and muscle, and will grey
the corresponding realignment option if the program is not installed. It
is possible that in the future, seaview will support even more programs.
So I think that I will follow your advice and downgrade the dependance
to Suggests:

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy