Re: Debtags for medical issues

On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 09:08:52AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:

> >I was a bit surprised that no tags for medical applications exist yet,
> >when I was tagging[3] the ctn package there was no way to indicate it
> >was Medical Imaging related or even Medical in general.
> >Some example tags I could imagine:
> >field::medicine
> >field::medicine::imaging
> >field::medicine::dental
> I append some more:
>  field::medicine::biology  (or should wie use field::medicine::microbiology
>  field::medicine::genetics
>  field::medicine::devel
>  field::medicine::doc
>  field::medicine::pharmacy
>  field::medicine::physics

Sounds great to me.  Could you please also provide a short description
and one or two example packages for each of these tags?

> >But also a tag like:
> >works-with::dicom
> Definitely.

I definitely need a description for this one as well :)  What is dicom
precisely?  If dicom is a raster image format used in medicine, how
about works-with::image:raster:dicom ?

> >Can we put such a list of tags together and how do we arrange to get it
> >into the tag collection?
> Unfortunately I missed the chance at DebConf to sit down with Enrico to
> sort this out.  Enrico, is it OK if we CC you in this thread?

Sure, and thanks for having done it.

Ciao,

Enrico