Re: making bioconductor Debian packages official

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005, Mark Farnell wrote:

the Bioconductor suite offers a set of popular bioinformatics
software.  It also has debianized packages, although not deposited to
the official repository.
The link to the inofficial packages points to Steffen Möllers archive,
but I can't find the packages there any more. (Stefen?)

Is it possible for us to move them to the
official Debian Unstable repository, so that it can be more widely
known, used and better scrutinized?
I would love to sponsor the packages if Steffen asks me for sponsoring.
On the other hand we have not yet a WNPP-bug for this project, which
should be filed in the first place.

For those who have no idea about WNPP, just see

   http://people.debian.org/~tille/cdd/ap-bts.en.html

For an overview about the Debian-Med relevant WNPP-bugs just see

   http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=wnpp&include=subject:%5bmed

I guess Steffen would be happy if someone would support him in moving
any of his inofficial packages to the official mirror.