Re: Re: Re: Debian-paket für GDE

On Sat, 2 Jul 2005, Amalia van Slooten wrote:

I am sorry for not including the link to the exact source of GDE.  I have just downloaded the source

http://www.bioafrica.net/GDElinux/GDElinux.tar.gz

and I also discovered that it looked quite old.  When I unzipped this file, I found out that the contents were actually the same as the directory you've mentioned.  Therefore I am afraid to say that GDE 2.2 might well already be the most recent source and therefore unfortunately you were correct to say that this program is not well maintained.   Although it might provide a user-friendly interface for the beginners.
Thanks for your research.  The reason why I had a look onto GDE was that
Arb just ueses GDE.  It ueses a bunch of other separate projects and I
was able to build Arb that way that it uses all these external projects
from the respective Debian packages.  The only exception was GDE.  The
version of GDE is so heavily patched that I was not able with an acceptable
effort to adapt it from the upstream source.

So my suggestion would be: Try Arb and have a look on the included GDE.
Perhaps you will be happy with this.