LSB init.d headers and the insserv script from SuSe

Hi.

I recently started looking at the debian boot sequence, and the
possibility of speeding up the boot time.  During this work, I came
across the LSB init.d comment convention,
<URL:http://refspecs.freestandards.org/LSB_2.1.0/LSB-generic/LSB-generic/initscrcomconv.html>,
standardizing how to specify init.d script dependencies.  I also found
the insserv program from SuSe, capable of updating the start and stop
symlinks in /etc/rc#.d/ based on the dependency information.  I
patched the suse program slightly to get it working in Debian.  It is
available from
<URL:http://developer.skolelinux.no/~pere/debian/insserv_1.00.8-0.0.pere.1_i386.deb>.

It would be really helpful if all the init.d scripts in Debian had
dependency information.

Are anyone in the debian-lsb subproject working on issues related to
the init.d script handling?  What are the current plans to make debian
LSB 2 compilant in this regard?