Re: LSB Dynamic Linker: Journal Results

> Because of issues with the xvfb package as shipped in sarge, the results
> of the vsw4 tests are not available.  Results of a previous run, using
> the xvfb package from the xorg backport, are available at:
>
> http://hackers.progeny.com/~licquia/lsb/lsb3/progeny-debian-3.0/20050725/
>
> There are several issues with vsw4 on Debian.  One is the Greek iota and
> keymap problem (the strtkysym 7 failure), for which a patch is
> available.  The other is the problem with xvfb crashing on the cpypln 3
> test.  If we use the xorg xvfb, the xvfb crash goes away, but another
> problem takes its place: the mprsd/mpsbws/mpwdw failures, all caused by
> a lack of a backing store in xorg xvfb.

Please note that there's no requirement on an LSB system to provide an
Xvfb, we only need one to enable the test for certain library
functionality, so it's perfectly alright from a compliance viewpoint to
use a non-standard copy of Xvfb to run the tests as a result.  The backing
store stuff also has an x.org fix (a trival one-liner), a reference to the
x.org bug is in our testing wiki.