Re: LSB status of sarge?

On Wed, 2004-09-29 at 17:56, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Jeff Licquia <licquia@progeny.com> [2004-09-29 14:05]:
> > FWIW, the NPTL problem should only affect LSB 2.x certification.
>
> Going for anything less than 2.0 would be pretty silly imho, but at
> the same time I understand why the libc people don't want to update
> NPTL.  I've no idea how to solve this dilemma, though.

I did some preliminary research into the problem.  Apparently, the patch
to fix this problem was made in the February-June timeframe, and the
diffs from that time in the NPTL directory in glibc cvs aren't great.

My strategy (if/when I get to it) will be to try and backport those
patches to Debian glibc, and see if I can get something vaguely
resembling a working glibc that passes that portion of the LSB tests and
doesn't crack under the pressure of, say, a typical Java program.

I certainly wouldn't be sad if someone beat me to the punch.