Re: LSB status of sarge?

On Tue, 2004-09-14 at 10:29, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Jeff Licquia <licquia@progeny.com> [2004-08-19 11:09]:
> >  - LSB 2.0 will require a new version of the dynamic linker,
> > ld-lsb.so.2.  Symlinking this to ld-linux works, just as it did for LSB
> > 1.x.
>
> Does libc or some other package provide  such symlinks?

The symlink is provided by the postinst of the "lsb" package.  Modifying
the postinst to provide both a ld-lsb.so.1 and ld-lsb.so.2 should be
trivial.

While we're at it, we should probably also resolve the issues in this
document with the appropriate Provides: in the lsb package.

http://refspecs.freestandards.org/LSB_2.0.0/LSB-Core/LSB-Core/pkgdepend.html

> >  - possible problems regarding FHS changes, such as /srv and /media
>
> base-files should correctly create those.

Great.  I wasn't sure what the status of that was.