Re: [WORKING] Almost working...custom kernel with local apt repository as recommended in manual
Thanks for all the replies.
So just a follow up with more details:
1. I used the kernel-package (make-kpkg).
2. Built the kernel from linux-2.6 git tree. I needed kernel version
3.6 since it fixed a bug that I really needed fixed.
- Can I build kernel 3.6 by customizing debian:src kernel package?
3. I did built with --initrd but as I mentioned in the previous mail,
initramfs tools are downloaded and installed after linux-image so in
order to get it to work I had to add a hook that did the following:
echo "linux-image-3.6.0-0-amd64 \
boolean false" | debconf-set-selections
apt-get install --reinstall --yes --force-yes linux-image-126.96.36.199-amd64
The debconf-set-selections was needed so that I did not get a prompt.
4. And had to add the following option to lb config: --apt-options