Re: Live built image not loading with installer

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 02:49:42PM +0530, Ramu Sethu wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I some how built the ISO image using wheezy snapshot of live.debian.net in
> squeeze host system.
>
> The built image (burnt in USB) is not loaded when i select "live" in the boot
> options. It throws some Xorg error in glibc saying invalid pointer, which i am
> not sure how to copy as it displayed even before loading the OS
>
> The config i used is
>
>     "lb config -a amd64 -d wheezy --debian-installer live"
>

> If i dont use "--debian-installer live" in the config command, the live image
> is booting and loading the live system, but i am not able to install the live
> system in the hardisk. So i included in "--debian-installer live" in the config
> command after cleaning, but now it is not loading itself
>
> My intention is to create Gnome dekstop with the packages "openssh-server
> libreoffice module-assistant wireless-tools broadcom-sta-source" , which i have
> mentioned in the config/packages/ directory
>
> Am i missing something in the config parameters ? What is wrong with "lb config
> -a amd64 -d wheezy --debian-installer live" ?
>
> Could someone help me on this?

Hello,

I think the problem is the broadcom-sta-source, it's non-free. See
http://packages.debian.org/sid/broadcom-sta-source

To have it included you will have to use the --archives "main contrib
non-free" option in live-build.

In live-build 3.x, a workaround to only have that non-free package
installed but without having the contrib/non-free repository activated,
and in this case because that package does not have more non-free
dependencies, would be to download that package with wget into
config/packages/ to have it installed in both chroot and binary (for the
installer).

To have it only in chroot or only in binary you can put the package into
config/packages.binary/ or config/packages.chroot/.

Hope it helps.