Re: [PATCH] have lb_chroot_hacks to build initrd only from chroot
On 04/25/2012 02:55 PM, Piethein Strengholt wrote:
I'm experiencing exactly the same issue. Could you please have a look at this patch? It's really needed when building on Ubuntu.
i've asked Luigi several times why this would be required, he never
* this is not reproducible with squeeze, wheezy, nor sid.
* this is not reproducible with oneiric (as some people claimed)
* the bug is unrelated to live-build or any live specific usage
of other tools, but (if at all) a bug in initramfs-tools within
ubuntu, *specifically* introduced by changes only present in ubuntu
* live-build is not the place to fix bugs in ubuntu
* nobody yed provided information why and how this would be required
* nobody of us could reproduce it
i see no reason to apply that.