Bug#656135: Add findiso boot parametre
I am trying to loop-mount-and-boot a debian-live-iso from grub2.
Grub2 has loop-mount capabilities so it can do it.
It seems that Grml, a debian live derivative has already this feature and
they name it: findiso.
Some links that might help you:
* About loop-mount-and-boot from grub2:
* Findiso patch from grml: http://git.grml.org/?p=live-boot-
* Discussion of findiso option and other boot parametres in debian-live mailing
My egoist reasons for this feature are:
* I could make a Rescatux + Super Grub2 Disk disk.
* Rescatux iso can be boot from grub2 thus from live pendrives
* I won't have to switch to an ubuntu base for making the live cd.
Making multi debian-live pendrives would be easier than ever and the pendrive
would be nicer. Only one iso file per iso.
Thank you very much!
-- System Information:
Debian Release: wheezy/sid
APT prefers unstable
APT policy: (500, 'unstable')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)
Kernel: Linux 3.0.0-2-amd64 (SMP w/4 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=es_ES.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=es_ES.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash