Re: Suppress kernel messages on the sytem console

Daniel Baumann skrev:
> Olof Tångrot wrote:
>> Is there some kind of kernel option that can be set by syslinux or any
>> other way to suppress the kernel messages?
>
> boot with 'quiet' and set a custom printk value in /etc/sysctl.conf.

Somehow both these suggestions has the unwanted side effect that a
diskmounter script run from rc.local has become unstable.
Most of the time it fails to mount the extra partition but if I mounted
manually before reboot it might pass.

If I restore sysctl.conf or remove quiet from the boot options the
system behaves as before.

Any tips on what might be wrong are welcome.

Olof