live image fails to boot on kvm

Hi

I prepared a live system from (i386) Squeeze and it fails to boot on my
(Lenny, amd64) kvm using:

  kvm -hda binary.img

One unrelated error message I get is something regarding
'/lib/udev/cdrom_id' missing. That one is missing (will that be a
problem with CDs?) but I see other executables in /lib/udev .

Anyway, the problem is basically that the function find_livefs fails to
find a device. Which makes that error appear once every second for 60
seconds until I get a busybox shell.

Looking at the trace of the run (booting with 'debug=vc') I see that

  is_nice_device /sys/block/hda

fails. The reason it fails is the line:

  if /lib/udev/path_id "${sysfs_path}" | grep -E -q "ID_PATH=(usb|pci-[^-]*-(ide|scsi|usb))"

Whereas the real output here is:

  (initramfs) /lib/udev/path_id /block/hda
  PATH_ID=pci-0000:00:01.1

That is: no ide|scsi|usb

What would go wrong if that pattern is relaxed?

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen@xorcom.com