Re: Upcoming Lenny Point Release
On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 11:19:59AM +0200, Luk Claes wrote:
> dann frazier wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 05, 2009 at 08:25:00PM +0200, Philipp Kern wrote:
> >> Hi there,
> >> we intend to do a Lenny Point Release on Saturday, June 20th. We will
> >> clear stable NEW in the coming days and then declare the point release
> >> frozen. Please hurry up if you still need something to go into Lenny
> >> at that point.
> > A regression was reported yesterday in the linux-2.6 package in
> > proposed-updates. The bug is #533657.
> > Let me know if you think this is worth a delay of the point release.
> > We have a stable upload planned for immediately after 5.0.2, so if the
> > release continues on schedule, we will be able to direct affected
> > users to the p-u apt source for a fix.
> Yes, it's worth delaying the stable point release.
> Unfortunately I won't be available the next couple of days and Phil was
> rather busy up to now (and I expect that to continue for some time
> still), so the point release will be delayed for at least a week.
> Hopefully we will be able to do the point release next Saturday, I hope
> Phil or some of our Release Assistants can confirm that soon.
I will proceed with the lowest risk option - reverting the change that
caused #533657 - and upload asap.